Saturday, October 01, 2005

Force Majeure

When dust, smoke, and ashes finally settled from a great war ( a series of gruelling tests, that is) here I am, back with my bare feet on the ground, my vision on the horizon, and memory pondering the progression of a once unfinished dream. I have been busy racking my dormant brains for two months but seriously, I just want to pass the tests.

I am just happy right now to know the results, even more happy to know that my friends made it; spreading the good news to them like a howling wolf of the night. We are so happy to be part of that 42% hopefuls to make the final cut. My prayers were not left unanswered. And everybody smiles for the first time.

The good Lord above is so kind.

As a product of your own blood, sweat, and tears; the taste of the fruit of labor is the sweetest.

Is this a rare thing? A once-in-a-lifetime event? I'm not so sure, but it is something that I greatly hoped and least expected. That's what my heart says. A force majeure to describe it, to some extent.

What's a Force Majeure? It's something that describes an Act of God, a natural phenomenon, accident, serendipity, something that a natural person has no control nor power. It's something that is unstoppable as a disaster, or being hit by a lightning, or bittersweet as an infatuation and falling in love.

I used to be pessimistic, but this time, I realized that being positive and proactive also helps. It's better to have hope than to have nothing at all. I hoped to pass the tests, and I just did. Next on my list is to tell the truth to a very special friend. I pray for an opportunity to come my way, that life wouldn't be too harsh for a newby like me.

I will keep on hoping for it is something that I have control and power. Something to help me counteract, if not to complement, a force majeure that's been haunting me the past 3 months...

But still, a wolf must go on to survive the wilderness.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home